Posts Tagged Awards
The time has come for me to laud the ‘versatile bloggers’ who have put an outstanding effort into sharing their knowledge, love for the arts and their magic into their blogs. Interesting this ‘love’ kanji is from the Aikido perspective. The top and bottom parts of it is the character for Uke, or “to receive”.
With this in mind, I present my first 5 picks (of 15 total which will be posted in groups of 5) who will receive ‘The Versatile Blogger’ nomination/award:
1) Shiseidojo’s Blog With life as hectic and over scheduled as it can be these in these times,it is great to find ways to stay healthy and at peace. Sheseidojo offers tips for good health and fitness in the Asian style. Topics range from green tea to plants in the visual arts (Geijutsu to Shokubutsu). Along with discussing different concepts in the martial arts, you will also find entries on the Japanese concept of nature ( Shizen) and Wabi Sabi. You can even stumble upon quotes by Thoreau, who also believed in simplicity. I actually achieve a peaceful state of mind reading Shiseidojo’s Blog, and I highly recommend brewing a green tea and checking it out.
2) Talking to Myself about colour light form and space Rachael Dunk is a Digital Artist living and creating in Sydney, Australia. She specializes in 3d illustration for print media. Rachael’s blog is a visual delight. She brings her talents to us so that we can see the visual world through her eyes. The graphics she posts are amazing. Rachael works alongside visual art directors and photographers extensively, and her site is a true credit to the time she gives to the arts. I especially like the way she has offered different pages in different categories i.e. Photographers, Design, Architecture, Books, Poetry, 3d and more. The visual harmony Rachael offers is medicine for the weary soul….Rd3d. Awesome!
3) Kate Gale: A Mind Never Dormant This is truly the blog of a ‘writer and editor’ (which is part of the name of her blog). Kate writes about serious issues, like Kathryn Chetkovich, the Sinai Peninsula and Bin Laden to light topics as in ‘showing lifelong friendship’ through matching tatoos. Kate fits ‘the versatile blogger title’ precisely. Her topics (which include great photos and art) are varied and intriguing. I love her personal accounts of her experiences in the world of authors and publishers. For a great read and a versatile menu, give Kate Gale a visit.
4) GEORGY RIECKE: Piercing the Mists of Obscure European Culture Georgy’s entries focus on neglected literature which, in my mind, should be brought to the forefront. Writers with intrigue who have passionately written novels, etc. and have not been noticed, definitely need to be read (Paavo Laami, Klaus Steigsson etc.) I especially recommend Georgy’s XXX entry of the story of Xa Xov. Georgy is a highly skilled writer and critic, and quite entertaining. His writing smoothly seduces you to want to explore these obscure artists. The archives here are extensive and can keep you exploring for hours. Finesse!
5) CALM CHICAGO If you have ever visited Chicago, you know that you may need some calming afterward. This blog is based on the philosophy of generosity. It offers videos on T’ai Chi, meditation suggestions, videos, advice on stress relief, writings on peace and calm, and Asian art and calligraphy to name a few. As a T’ai Chi practitioner, I am into this blog, even though I don’t live in Chi Town. If you do live in Chicago, you can find activities relating to T’ai Chi and Qigong in the city. You will also find great suggestions for form perfection. Versatility in all things revolving around healthy mind and healthy body. Do yourself a favor and calm yourself here. Much Gratitude!
Well, I’ve done it! I have found some amazing ‘versatile’ blogs that should not be missed. I love them. This week I will be posting the next 10 nominees/award winners. To be continued…Peace until then, and remember to rejoice in life.
It is true that today the world is toasting the new Duke and Duchess, William and Kate. But it is time for me to put on my Tiara in celebration of the award/nomination for my first WP award, The Versatile Blogger. I must thank The Rag Tree for this glorious surprise.
I have graciously accepted this award. The following is what The Rag Tree had to say about Yin Yang:
“There is certainly a respect for things Oriental here: Japanese woodblock prints, ceramics, ink on paper, the Chosen Dynasty–but this blogger’s field of vision at times ranges far beyond the East. Tags include Ramon Santiago, Wikileaks, Tom Waits, the Human Genome, and Antonio Gaudi. And I find the interest in Korea refreshing; more has happened there than many folks imagine (and as one of the RT’s threads will get around to discussing before too much longer). Check out YY and expand your horizons!”
My nominator has a special way with words, very lush and intriguing, so check out The Rag Tree. I can’t express my gratitude enough.
As I have been told, there are laws…
– Thank the person who honored you and print a link to their blog. This has been done and with pleasure.
– Tell 7 random facts about yourself. Oh, to choose, to choose. a) My maternal grandmother was born in Warsaw, Poland. One of my life dreams is to visit her town. b) I got rid of my car and walk to work (1 block from my home). I found that walking everywhere is a great way to stay in shape. c) I am currently working on a painting titled “The Angel of Debt”. d) J’adore France and Brasil, and have seen every Brazilian singer that has performed here in my town within the last 7 years. e) I love winning tickets to concerts from radio shows. f) I collect hostas (which are originally from Japan). I can spend hours in my garden without realizing the amount of time passing. g) I am a huge fan of Andy Warhol.
– Pass the word to 15 new-found bloggers. This will have to be postponed until my next post while I make these lauded choices.
– Contact each blogger who receives this nomination.
– Let the giver of the award know whether you accept it or not. I definitely accept….with one huge smile!
Being nominated for an award feels glorious. Now I am off to find 15 new-found ‘versatile bloggers’…to be announced in the near future. Bon Nuit!!!